Architectural Designer – St. Louis, MO
CD Companies is a leading commercial Design, Architecture & Engineering firm headquartered in St. Louis, MO with regional offices in Edison, NJ, Portland, OR and Tampa, FL. The St. Louis office has had a presence in the area for nearly 60 years and employs over 110 staff members. We are an employee owned company and offer excellent professional development opportunities and benefits.
CD Companies is seeking articulate, organized, ambitious and motivated Architectural Designers to be part of our architectural studio team. Ideal candidates must be proficient in creating coordinated sets of design intent documents using AutoCAD and/or Revit. Candidate must be self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Architectural experience producing commercial design drawings and familiarity with various commercial construction approaches is a plus.
- Prepare/Create AutoCAD drawings for permitting/bidding/construction use
- Create Revit models to produce floor plans, finish plans, ceiling plans, elevations and perspective views
- Multi-task and prioritize projects based on deadlines established
- Communicate with client by providing reasonable solutions, recommendations, and technical information
- Coordinate and integrate design with engineering disciplines for a complete set of design documents
- Occasional travel for periodic on-site observation, jurisdictional meetings, or facility surveying
- Review of shop drawings and construction administration activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 2+ year of experience in commercial design is a plus, new graduates are welcome to apply
- Strong attention to detail, drawing coordination and quality control
- AutoCAD proficiency
- REVIT experience will be given preference
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
We offer competitive compensation packages with premium benefits. Your comprehensive benefit package includes Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K, Education Assistance, Holiday Leave, Paid Time Off, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Professional Development opportunities and more.
No phone calls or agencies please.