St. Louis, MO
CD Companies is a leading commercial Design, Architecture & Engineering firm headquartered in St. Louis, MO with regional offices in Edison, NJ, Portland, OR, and Tampa, FL. The St. Louis office has had a presence in the area for nearly 60 years and employs over 110 staff members. We are an employee-owned company and offer excellent professional development opportunities and benefits.
CD Companies is seeking articulate, organized, ambitious, and motivated Architectural Designers to be part of our architectural studio team. Ideal candidates must be proficient in creating coordinated sets of design intent documents using AutoCAD and/or Revit. The candidate must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Architectural experience producing commercial design drawings and familiarity with various commercial construction approaches is a plus.
- Prepare/Create AutoCAD drawings for permitting/bidding/construction use
- Create Revit models to produce floor plans, finish plans, ceiling plans, elevations, and perspective views
- Multi-task and prioritize projects based on deadlines established
- Communicate with the client by providing reasonable solutions, recommendations, and technical information
- Coordinate and integrate design with engineering disciplines for a complete set of design documents
- Occasional travel for periodic on-site observation, jurisdictional meetings, or facility surveying
- Review of shop drawings and construction administration activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 2+ years of experience in commercial design is a plus, new graduates are welcome to apply
- Strong attention to detail, drawing coordination, and quality control
- AutoCAD proficiency
- REVIT experience will be given preference
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
We offer competitive compensation packages with premium benefits. Your comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, and vision Insurance, 401K, education assistance, holiday leave, Paid Personal Time Off (PTO), short and long-term disability, professional development opportunities, and more.
Our culture rewards talented, motivated, and dedicated individuals displaying the desire to learn and grow with the opportunity to lead and manage early in their careers, with aptitude valued over tenure. As an employee-owned company with nearly a third of its staff participating, we offer the potential for ownership to those that are willing to earn it.
No phone calls or agencies please.