BIM M/E/P Designer – Revit
St. Louis, MO
The CD Companies is a leading national engineering and architecture firm with 5 divisions working across a broad variety of sectors including early childhood education, hospitality, medical, assisted living, industrial, retail, office, mixed use, and governmental. The CD Companies is seeking a highly capable REVIT Designer with experience in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems to work under our BIM Manager as part of our newly formed BIM team.
Primary duties will be to provide BIM / Revit technical support to our Electrical and Mechanical / Plumbing Department personnel as they conduct project work and to help build and maintain the supporting infrastructure for them. Additional duties will be to assist with the preparation of engineering design drawings on our wide variety of projects. As a part of the BIM team, you will work closely with our staff of licensed engineers and experienced designers. You will also interface directly with project managers, architects, and the designers of our other engineering departments to coordinate design elements.
Experience and Duties:
- Associates degree or certificate of completion from an accredited drafting program.
- Three (3) or more years of increasing M/E/P drafting and designer experience in REVIT including development of schematics, wiring diagrams, elevations, plan views, ductwork layouts, mechanical schedules, plumbing isometrics, material lists, conduit and cable schedules and specifications.
- Knowledge of electrical power distribution, lighting layouts, and electrical drawing nomenclature.
- Knowledge of HVAC and Plumbing systems, layouts, and M/E/P drawing nomenclature.
- Project designs as it relates to discipline systems according to code, company standards and client standards, and coordinating with our in-house team of architects and M/E/P engineers.
- Generate design drawings from verbal or written communication.
- Perform layouts of lighting and power distribution systems for a diverse flow of projects across numerous sectors.
- Familiarity with stand-by emergency generation systems, integration of photovoltaic solar systems, and UPS & power conditioning systems are a plus.
- Interior lighting design and exterior site lighting and photometric capability a plus.
- Occasionally attend project kick-off meetings and drawing reviews.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook.
- Occasional short duration travel to project sites and to client offices.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
We offer competitive compensation packages with premium benefits. Your comprehensive benefit package includes health, dental and vision Insurance, 401K, education assistance, holiday leave, paid Personal Time Off (PTO), short and long term disability, professional development opportunities and more.
Our culture rewards talented, motivated and dedicated individuals displaying the desire to learn and grow with the opportunity to lead and manage early in their careers, with aptitude valued over tenure. As an employee owned company with nearly a third of its staff participating, we offer the potential for ownership to those that are willing to earn it.