St. Louis, MO – Building Design
The CD Companies is a leading national engineering and architecture firm with five divisions working across a broad variety of sectors including early childhood education, hospitality, medical, assisted living, industrial, retail, office, mixed use, and governmental. The CD Companies is seeking an Electrical Designer to assist with the preparation of engineering design drawings on our wide variety of projects. As a part of the electrical team, you will work closely with our staff of engineers and a licensed PEs. You will also interface directly with project managers, architects, and the designers of our other engineering departments to coordinate design elements.
Experience and Duties
- Associate degree or certificate of completion from an accredited drafting program;
- Five or more years of increasing drafting and designer experience including development of schematics, wiring diagrams, elevations, plan views, material lists, conduit and cable schedules and specifications;
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD. Revit a plus;
- Basic knowledge of electrical power distribution, lighting layouts, and electrical drawing nomenclature;
- Project designs as it relates to discipline systems according to code, company standards and client standards, and coordinating with our in-house team of architects and mechanical engineers;
- Generate design drawings from verbal or written communication;
- Perform layouts of lighting and power distribution systems for a diverse flow of projects across numerous sectors;
- Familiarity with standby emergency generation systems, integration of photovoltaic solar systems, and UPS and power conditioning systems are a plus;
- Interior lighting design and exterior site lighting and photometric capability a plus;
- Occasionally attend project kickoff meetings and drawing reviews;
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Occasional short duration travel to project sites and to client offices; and
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
We offer competitive compensation packages with premium benefits. Your comprehensive benefit package includes health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, education assistance, holiday leave, vacation leave, sick leave, long-term disability, short-term disability, professional development opportunities and more.
Our culture rewards talented, motivated and dedicated individuals displaying the desire to learn and grow with the opportunity to lead and manage early in their careers, with aptitude valued over tenure. As an employee-owned company with nearly a third of its staff participating, we offer the potential for ownership to those that are willing to earn it.