St. Louis, MO
CD Companies is seeking a professional Graphic Designer with creative talent, and a passion for marketing, who understands the importance of meeting both client and company goals from a branding perspective. The Graphic Designer will work with the Director of Strategic Pursuits to create imaginative, unique designs of the highest possible quality, that meaningfully contribute to the brand of our firm.
- Collaborate and contribute meaningfully to the design vision of the CD Companies Brand and all of its branded divisions.
- Work with Director of Strategic Pursuits to design and craft identity projects of all kinds, from logos and brands to visual elements and full brand identity packages, that support internal and external marketing efforts.
- Designs the creation of RFQ/RFP responses and coordinates with consultants.
- Manages, writes, and updates new project sheets and staff resumes
- Design and manage digital and traditional marketing assets used for social media, web pages, email campaigns, digital ads, videos, promotional items, etc.
- Contribute to projects from initial concept generation to a flawless design, with timely delivery.
- Manage multiple projects at one time, focusing on responsiveness, efficiency, and quality.
- Identify trends and push towards industry-leading, outside-the-box solutions internally and for client projects
- Creating graphics that support internal and external communications through e-mail and websites.
- Create compelling and visually engaging layouts and designs to create interest, demand, and recognition of the brand.
- Script, storyboard, set deadlines, and select optimal forms of media for projects.
- Ensure visual messaging across all channels and departments remain consistent and aligns with marketing goals and brand guidelines.
- Refresh customer touchpoints for consistent and effective visual brand identity.
- Determine the design, layout, and formatting of materials. Designs may integrate typographic, photographic, videographic, illustrative, and other design elements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide imaginative, unique design to the highest possible quality.
- Emergent strategic thinking on a collaborative and individual basis.
- Basic industry knowledge and awareness.
- General software literacy and ease of adoption.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of one 1 year of experience in graphic design working within a marketing, advertising, agency, or in-house marketing environment. OR High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the field. Degree in design, interactive design, visual studies, or another design-related field preferred.
- Strong competency with design software and associated workflows including WordPress, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop Adobe Premiere, and After Effects are a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with standard graphic and website design systems and practices.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Possess good interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to set effective priorities and meet deadlines under tight time constraints.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Project and time management skills.
- Satisfactory understanding of marketing, advertising, and applied technology.
- General knowledge of basic graphic design and web development principles (CSS, HTML, etc) is a plus
- Basic understanding of generalized SEO principles.
- Photography, Videography, Audio capturing, and editing is a huge plus.
We offer competitive compensation packages with premium benefits. Your comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, and vision Insurance, 401K, education assistance, holiday leave, Paid Personal Time Off (PTO), short and long-term disability, professional development opportunities, and more.
Our culture rewards talented, motivated, and dedicated individuals displaying the desire to learn and grow with the opportunity to lead and manage early in their careers, with aptitude valued over tenure. As an employee-owned company with nearly a third of its staff participating, we offer the potential for ownership to those that are willing to earn it.
No phone calls or agencies please.