Unravel 2021 “Rocking the Runway” – Two Awards!
The IIDA (International Interior Design Association) Gateway Chapter just hosted their most notable event of the year, Unravel… and it did not disappoint! The Unravel Fashion Show partners interior designers and architects with vendors to design and create breathtaking garments, bringing together architecture and fashion. Ensembles are made of tile, carpet, plants, wood, glass, metal, textiles, hardware from furniture, lighting and much more. The theme of this year’s event was “Rocking the Runway.” Each design team was given a legendary rock song to serve as the inspiration for their garment designs, band posters and music videos!
This year, two of our sister companies participated, FACET Architectural Design and R|5 Design Agency. After months of preparation, riveting, sewing, blood, sweat and tears… both the R|5 and FACET teams took center stage in the 2021 IIDA Gateway Unravel event at The Pageant on November 4th. Sixteen teams from all over the St. Louis area participated in this epic couture fashion competition. R|5’s ensemble was themed to The Rolling Stones’ infamous “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction,” while FACET’s garment brought to life The Who’s legendary song, “Pinball Wizard.” Though the competition was fierce, both teams brought home an award! R|5 won the “Best Poster Design”, and FACET was awarded the “Best Design Concept.” We couldn’t be prouder of our two teams!
This event allowed many design companies to utilize their creative skill to construct incredible fashions that inspire and excite, while celebrating our legendary rock heroes. Congratulations to all those who participated. We are looking forward to competing again in 2023!
- Sarah Bundy – Lead Garment Designer and Builder, Model
- Suzanne Hayes – Project Manager, Model Assistant, jewelry Designer
- Carl Karlen – Poster Designer, Video and Audio Producer, Lighting Specialist
- Vendor Partners:
- Katie Hepting – Model, Lead Garment Designer
- Hannah Cole – Poster Designer, Model Assistant, Lead Garment Designer
- Manuela Macias – Lead Garment Designer, Jewelry Designer
- Rachel Stotler – Video Producer, Garment Design Team
- Marcia Siemer – Audio Producer, Bow Specialist
- Frank Evans – Mask Designer
- Gina Walton – Garment Design Team
- Molly Kolodziej – Garment Design Team
- Olivia Finan – Garment Design Team
- Alyssa Brinkman – Garment Design Team
- Jack Castulik – Garment Design Team
- Carlos Goldberg – Dye Master
- Mary Wilhelm – Marketing
- Ryan Newman – Metal Specialist
- “Stag” (Dog) – Video Actor
- Vendor Partners: